Ichigo-Ichie

I'm a Japanese woman living in Nara. This blog tells you how to be a "YAMATONADESHIKO". "Yamatonadeshiko" means an ideal Japanese lady who is intelligent, sophisticated and thoughtful. I learn Sado-Japanese traditional tea celemony and Ikebana-Japanese traditional flower arrangement. I introduce about Japan through my experiences. So you can get to know more about Japanese culture such as Sado,Ikebana, customs and seasonal events, especially the ones in Nara.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ikebana Art ~Kakitsubata~

I'll show you the onother type of arrangement of Kakitusubata.
There are three groups of Kakitsubata arrangements.
This arrangement represents scenery of the shore where Kakitsubata is grown.
The middle one is main called "Tatesugata".
The right one is semi-main called "Yokosugata".
And the left one represent young group called "Mekabu".

The Mishou Style Ikebana represents real scenery of the plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home