Ichigo-Ichie

I'm a Japanese woman living in Nara. This blog tells you how to be a "YAMATONADESHIKO". "Yamatonadeshiko" means an ideal Japanese lady who is intelligent, sophisticated and thoughtful. I learn Sado-Japanese traditional tea celemony and Ikebana-Japanese traditional flower arrangement. I introduce about Japan through my experiences. So you can get to know more about Japanese culture such as Sado,Ikebana, customs and seasonal events, especially the ones in Nara.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Festival Five produced by Tony Tauvela

My family and I went to see the Hawaiian Show "Festibal Five" on May 26th.
Mr Kimo who had Hawaiian concert in my cafe invited us.
The cast of this show was Makaha Sons; traditional Hawaiian band,
Mr. Chinky Mahoe; Kumu hula, his hula team and Raiatea Helm; traditional Hawaiian singer with playing Ukulele.
That was amazing and beautiful!!
We were so touched.
Mr. Chinky Mahoe and his hula team is the winner of the Merry Monarc hula contest this year.
Raiatea Helm is the winner of Na Hoku Awards called Hawaiian Grammy last year.

She has very beautiful singing voice and she also play ukulele very well!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home