Ichigo-Ichie

I'm a Japanese woman living in Nara. This blog tells you how to be a "YAMATONADESHIKO". "Yamatonadeshiko" means an ideal Japanese lady who is intelligent, sophisticated and thoughtful. I learn Sado-Japanese traditional tea celemony and Ikebana-Japanese traditional flower arrangement. I introduce about Japan through my experiences. So you can get to know more about Japanese culture such as Sado,Ikebana, customs and seasonal events, especially the ones in Nara.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

All-Night Watch

The vigil over my granma's body was held quietly, attended only by the small number of people who had been closest to her.
From old times, dead person's family and relatives have a party through a night near by dead person.
It is a long‐established custom in Japan.
But now, one of family who live with dead person keep a look our for incense sticks do not break off for all night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home