Ichigo-Ichie

I'm a Japanese woman living in Nara. This blog tells you how to be a "YAMATONADESHIKO". "Yamatonadeshiko" means an ideal Japanese lady who is intelligent, sophisticated and thoughtful. I learn Sado-Japanese traditional tea celemony and Ikebana-Japanese traditional flower arrangement. I introduce about Japan through my experiences. So you can get to know more about Japanese culture such as Sado,Ikebana, customs and seasonal events, especially the ones in Nara.

Friday, April 14, 2006

The weeping cherry by Ikebana Art

I leran Ikebana from when I was a high school student, 17 years old.
I have also a license of western style flower arrangement.
But I like Ikebana more than arrangement.
Because Ikebana has beauty of spatial art.
And this beauty is very unique only Ikebana has.

This is changed style from traditional style of our "Mishou-ryu" Ikebana.

Cherry branches in this work has not weeping shape.
They have straight shape.
This work is made curve by heat of hands.
This technique is very very hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home