Ichigo-Ichie

I'm a Japanese woman living in Nara. This blog tells you how to be a "YAMATONADESHIKO". "Yamatonadeshiko" means an ideal Japanese lady who is intelligent, sophisticated and thoughtful. I learn Sado-Japanese traditional tea celemony and Ikebana-Japanese traditional flower arrangement. I introduce about Japan through my experiences. So you can get to know more about Japanese culture such as Sado,Ikebana, customs and seasonal events, especially the ones in Nara.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Whale Season

In Maui, it is the whale season from Dec. to Apr. Especialy Jan. and Feb. are best time to see whale. I like to watch whale so we often go to beach to watch whale. I am very excited when I can see whale jump.
My husband saw whale jump very close to him, only about 5 meters away, when he went out to the ocean by his company's boat. I was envy him when he told me about that.
And He took me whale watch tour last week because I wanted to see whale jump in front of me very very close.
We got on a very small boat that only 16 people can be on. Because it has ability that whale come closer to us. Any ship or boat have to keep away 100 yards from whale because of law but it is OK that whale come close to the boat with the engine off.
I expected to watch whale very close but we couldn't see that close. Maybe we could see whales 100 yards away as law.
There are pictures of whales. One is when whale show his face upright in the ocean. The other one is when whale made splash with his fin.
We also could see whale's fight. Whale come to Maui to make baby and to raise child. So male try to get attention from female with making splash or jump. Sometimes males have fight for one female, hit their body each other. It is very interesting to see.
Anyway, it was very fun to see whale and ocean with nice wind with going out to the ocean by the boat even can not see close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home